Like I said, "life transitions"...they're a constant in my life right now. I kind of think it comes with your twenties but anyhow...
Such life changes include: graduating college, saying goodbye to most of my college amigos, leaving behind college organizations and ministries I was once devoted to, moving home with my parents for a time, starting a full-time job (benefits and all!), being accepted/enrolling into a Master's program, and becoming financially independent.
Mind you, this all happens before mid-June.
Then the bomb is dropped.
My parents come home from a day spent with friends and declare to me: "we're moving to Granbury, TX. we've already put a contract on a house out there. and we're putting the house on the market in a week. you'll probably need to find an apartment." >>Side note: I've lived in this house since I was 12. 10 years.
Before I've even comprehended the first sentence, I'm already choking on my popcorn. >>Side note: I was in the middle of watching the movie, Remember Me, (one of the most depressing movies) by myself. So, I'm already feeling the weight of Robert Pattinson's character's tumultuous life when my own life is thrown for somewhat of a loop.
Fast-forward 2 months.
My parents have sold their house. They're moving to Granbury in September. My little brother (my alli) has moved off to college. I found an apartment with my best friend. We move in Oct. 2nd. Exactly one month from today!
So I conclude...
Change is coming. And its inevitable.
Beth Moore puts it best when she says:
"The truth is, God uses change to change us. He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny. I hate to display such a frim grasp of the obvious, but how will we ever change if everything around us stays the same? Or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something doesn't happen to change the way we feel about where we are? God is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us, and that process means one major thing: change."
Dang Beth! Talk about life application. Pretty sure I read this 24 hours after my parents dropped the change bomb. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I knew God had given me an answer. He was bringing change into my family's life. And it was going to be for our good. I love it when He does that.
And while I know change is imminent, I find comfort in the fact that there is one constant of which I can be sure: Jesus Christ.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8
-caris
great first post! and thanks for sharing that insite from Beth. :-)
ReplyDeleteYo lady! So excited you are blogging now :) Those are some pretty crazy changes, but it is so reassuring to know that God knows what's up and what He's doing! Love that. I'm assuming you're moving in with Linds? How exciting!!!! Hope all is well, miss you!
ReplyDeleteWow It is so good to get the scoop on what is going on with you. Seems wierd to this old Granny if I want to know what my family is doing or feeling I have to go to facebook..
ReplyDeleteChange keeps us flexible and young. Gives us another perspective. I am with you though because so many memories have been experienced in that wonderful home. Love you Caris. Granny